Position: Community Engagement Coordinator
Reports To: TM CDC Executive Director
Annual Compensation: Depending on experience
Position Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $18.00
Closing Date: July 13, 2018
The person who holds the Community Engagement Coordinator position will be responsible for coordinating the various community outreach activities and services for the TM Community Development Corporation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Community Outreach Centers.
- Represent TMCDC at local and national events, conferences, and fundraising meetings.
- Assist with strategic planning and coordination of the Corporations projects.
- Present Corporation vision and accomplishments in a variety of settings from one-on-one meetings to large-scale presentations.
- Develop networking system and partnerships with likeminded Corporations.
- Ensure policies, goals and mission is carried out by all staff and team members.
- Develop public education and information materials, presentation and displays – including contributing to the CDC’s newsletters, social media outreach and website content
- Oversee and implement public events, meetings and open house information sessions, etc.
- Respond to public and community inquiries and brief Authority staff on matters of public interest and concern.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the CDC Director.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business; or 3 to 5 years of experience functioning as a project coordinator, team leader, or lead worker.
- 2+ years’ experience working with/in a non-profit Corporation.
- 2+ years’ experience in grant/program management. (Provide successful grant information (Title, Type, purpose, amount, and year funded)
- Additional work experience as just described may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Self-starter eager to learn and grow in position and to expand Corporation.
- Passionate about Corporation mission, and able to effectively communicate and motivate staff, community, donors, partners, press, and stakeholders.
- Skilled public speaker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Organized, with excellent follow-through.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, adept in email/online navigation, and willingness/ability to learn new computer software/programs as needed for role.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills
Must possess networking, leadership, prioritization, and time management skills; must be self- directed and highly motivated, and possess logical decision making and analytical skills. Requires satisfactory completion of the interview process and a verifiable record of satisfactory performance in previous employment.
Employees must be able to perform tasks that are essential to the job, with or without reasonable accommodation. Extended working hours and travel will be necessary. May be required to lift and carry up to 25lbs.
Ideal candidate has as a strong belief in the TMCDC mission and wants to be a part of a growing and constantly evolving Corporation:
Empowering the Turtle Mountain Region to improve the health, culture, and environment of our communities, through capacity building and community empowerment, that will aid in the healing and strengthening of our cultural identity.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Erin.Belgarde@tmbci.org. Include “Community Engagement Coordinator” in subject line.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.