Position: Counselor Trainee/Call-in Technician
Salary Range: $10.00/per hr
Supervisor: Residential Technician/Program Director
Nature of Work:
Responsible for assisting in providing effective and holistic counseling experience for clients and their families under the direct supervision of a counselor
Nature and Purpose:
- Work in the 5th Generation Healing Center providing services to clients
- Will conduct dependency screening, assessments, and evaluations under supervision
- Will conduct and assist in individual and group counseling sessions to include scheduling, establishing therapeutic relationships, assessing motivations, interpreting group dynamics, and encouraging growth producing behavior
- Will participate in treatment planning to identify problem areas and define special need and assist clients in meeting treatment goals and objectives
- Will have treatment activities of clients and assist with education and therapy to change attitudes and behaviors as established through treatment planning
- Will attend staff meetings and present information such as client progress and caseload
- Will attend workshops and other trainings to increase knowledge and skills
- Will record treatment activity and progress through writing and dictation
- Will chart activities, review treatment, and prepare reports
- Will assist licensed addiction counselors as needed and perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Extensive knowledge of principles, practices, and techniques used in the treatment of chemical dependency
- Extensive knowledge of the habits and personality traits of chemical dependent persons
- Thorough knowledge of the program and its various services for client care, treatment, and rehabilitation
- Must possess a High School Diploma
- Knowledge for the need of confidentiality
- Must be willing to obtain a Certification for Chemical Dependency
- Individuals must have five years of continued recovery in sobriety
- Must show proof of valid Driver’s License and insurance.
- Must pass Background Checks upon hire.
- Must pass drug test.
How to apply:
Submit complete application and resume to:
Turtle Mountain Tribe
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, North Dakota 58316
Also submit copies of Diploma and official copies of transcripts from colleges, if applicable. Proof of Indian Preference (if applied).
For more information contact Human Resource Department at (701)477-2600.