Location: Little Shell Youth Shelter
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain upkeep of building.
- Provide supervision over juveniles from up to 72 hours.
- Maintain hourly activity log.
- Complete intake and inventory of belongings at time of arrival.
- Complete discharge summary.
- Pam and prepare meals.
- Provide transportation if necessary.
- Make reports to necessary agencies/persons regarding juveniles.
- Maintain confidentiality of juveniles.
- Collaborate and coordinate services with other agencies.
- Other job duties assigned.
- ALL Staff of the Attendant Care Program are Mandatory reporters of Child/Abuse/Neglect.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be willing to work youth.
- Must be willing to complete state attendant care training sessions.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with community agencies and organizations effectively.
- Must pass a tribal, state, and child welfare background check.
- Must have valid North Dakota Driver’s License.
- Must be willing to submit to random drug testing and pass drug test.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.