Job Classification: Call-In/Intermittent
Salary: $100.00/per day
Location: Belcourt Head Start Building
Supervisor: Head Start Director
We are seeking applicants who will provide safe bus transportation for Head Start children, assuring that each child is picked and delivered on schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Transport children to and from Head Start centers efficiently and safely.
- Ensure that all passengers wear seat belts or are placed in appropriate age and weight belted seats.
- Ensure that any behavioral issues do not compromise the safety of any child on the bus.
- Perform any daily sign on and sign off sheets, accounting by name of all children getting on and off the bus.
- Ensure the child is delivered to the care a responsible adult upon leaving the bus.
- Ensure that no child if left unattended while on the bus, following all procedures put into place to prevent child being left on the bus.
- Visually observe the health of each child on the bus.
- Coordinate the paperwork flow between homes and the Head Start sites.
- Perform a complete visual safety check of the assigned bus driven on a daily basis, completing daily pre and post trip checklist.
- Record mileage and gas charting.
- Other duties as assign by Director.
- Knowledge of Safety practices as they relate to pre-school children.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR and First – Aid Certification.
- Must pass a physical examination from certified Medical Doctor.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass criminal background check. (tribal, county, state)
- Must follow Human Resource Policy Manual.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau at 701-477-2600.
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.