Job Classification: Call-In/Intermittent
Salary: $100.00/per day
Location: Belcourt Head Start Building
Supervisor: Head Start Director
We are seeking candidates who accepts temporary work assignments in the event regularly scheduled personnel are not available. Assists in a variety of duties involved in planning and implementation of instructional activities appropriate for the needs and skills of the children in the Head Start Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with providing instruction and supervision of children involved in various classroom activities including cognitive / Language, health, social / emotional and personal hygiene skills.
- Assist with providing duties relevant to observing, recording, and evaluating each child’s activity, performance, behavior and development; identity and periodically provide observed reports convey child’s behavior problems.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and program events when requested.
- Assist with maintaining a healthy and safe environment.
- Assist and supervise students with snacks, mealtime, washing of hands, bathroom breaks, and clean up.
- Assist with providing supervision of children with all indoor and outdoor activities.
- Assist with implementation if curriculum, activities as outlined in the regular classroom teacher’s lesson plans.
- Other duties as assign by Director.
- Early Childhood Degree (EDE) preferred, however a minimum of a of an Associate Degree in related field required.
- Must be willing to obtain CPR and First – Aid Certification.
- Must pass a physical examination and be able to lift a minimum of 45 pounds.
- Must be willing to work at all (5) Head Start Centers when needed.
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must pass criminal background check. (tribal, county, state)
- Must possess a valid ND Driver’s License and proof of Insurance.
- Must follow Human Resource Policy Manual.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript of degree or dipoloma attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau at 701-477-2600.
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.