Job Classification: Full-Time/Regular
Location: Turtle Mountain Tribal Court
Supervisor: Chief Clerk of Court
Departmental Supervisor: Chief Judge
Opening Date: March 4, 2019
losing Date: March 15, 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhering to Oath of Confidentiality at all times on/off the job.
- Adhering to the Tribal Code, Constitution, Court Rules, Court Procedures and the Clerk’s Code of Conduct.
- Adhere to the Code of Ethics for the Court clerks.
- Clerk will be responsible for accurately typing juvenile petitions, court orders, record court proceedings, maintain accurate records and files.
- Accurately type the final copy of a court order from a draft that will be prepared by the presiding judge.
- Schedule and record all proceedings related to juveniles such as arraignments, criminal hearings, involuntary committals, pre-trials.
- Fill in for the other juvenile clerk when out of the office.
- Receipt money into the Turtle Mountain Tribal Court Juvenile Database on a regular basis for Fines and Fees.
- Receipt money into the Turtle Mountain Tribal Court Adult Database for Filing Fees, Fines, Background Checks, etc.
- Maintain and update files related to the Juvenile Division.
- Complete Quarterly reports as needed by Supervisor.
- Complete and Maintain data for monthly/quarterly/annual statistical reports.
- Maintain Court Calendar for Juvenile Division.
- Maintain log book of all dispositions.
- Answer telephone/public regarding juvenile proceedings and other legal questions pertaining to juveniles.
- Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must submit to random drug testing.
- May require work beyond regular business hours
- Assisting in switchboard duties as needed.
- Required to be cross-trained in all divisions and will be required to substitute for absent clerk as needed.
- Other job duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Applicant must pass a Federal, State, and Tribal Background check.
- Applicant must possess a 2-year college degree in related field with secretarial/judicial related experience.
- Must be familiar with various forms of computer software including Microsoft Word, Outlook Express, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the general public.
- Must be able to attend local and out-of-state training as directed by Supervisor.
- Ability to manage job related stress in a professional manner.
- A clean criminal background check and no prior record is mandatory.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.