Job Classification: Regular Full-Time
Location: Public Defender Office
Supervisor: Public Defender Director
Opening Date: March 12, 2019
Closing Date: March 25, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support to the Public Defender Department, maintain updated information.
- Draft and type correspondences.
- Package all data pertaining to the office.
- Organize and maintain paper and electronic files.
- Maintain updated accounts.
- Prepare timesheets and purchase orders.
- Provide information to callers.
- Order and maintain inventory of supplies.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Clerical – Knowledge of clerical procedures such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Customer and Personal Service – Knowledge of principles of providing courteous and professional services.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of computer operation and software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, MS-DOS, and outlook.
- Communication – Talking to others to convey information effectively, communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Physical & Environmental Demands:
- Work is performed in an office setting with low to moderate levels of noise.
- Frequent talking and listening.
- Frequent use of hands and fingers to operate computer, phone, and writing utensils.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Valid North Dakota Drivers’ License for travel on business related destinations.
- Must pass drug test. (upon selection)
- Must pass background check. (upon selection)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.