Classification: Regular Full-time
Location: 5th Generation Program
Supervisor: 5th Generation Program Director
Opening Date: April 8, 2019
Closing Date: April 19, 2019
Nature of work:
Looking for an experienced and passionate cook to help support our team, and ideal candidate for this position has previous experience preparing meals and cooking.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Measure and assemble ingredients for menu items.
- Collaborate with assistant cooks in preparing meals.
- Maintain accurate food inventories.
- Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures.
- Rotate stock items as per established procedures.
- Restock kitchen for subsequent shifts.
- Ensure that the food prep area and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of your shift.
- Will get permission from director before purchasing all food items that are needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. as needed.
- Will work staggered shifts.
- Will be completely responsible for serving in quantities according to schedule and number of persons to be served.
- Will serve breakfast at 7:20 am, lunch at 12 noon, and dinner at 5 pm.
- Responsible for menu planning in accordance to client’s dietary needs and order essential supplies to fulfill proper procedures.
- Will be held responsible for sweeping, mopping, cleaning, and deodorizing of kitchen, refrigerator, stove, cupboard, coolers, and storage room as well as checking temperatures of each cooler and to make sure they are at the right temperature daily.
- Must be able to follow directive from Program Director.
- Must follow the Tribal Chain of Command at all times.
- Must be able to work as part of a team in a busy kitchen atmosphere.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Must have knowledge of the confidentiality and HIPPA laws.
- Must be able to pass a State and Local background check upon selection. Must have one (1) year of sobriety.
- Must be willing to subject to random drug testing upon selection.
- Must have 2 years’ experience as Cook.
- Serve Safe Certification preferred.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.