Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $10.00 – $11.00
Location: Turtle Mountain Dunseith Wellness Center
Supervisor: Dunseith Wellness Center Supervisor
Opening Date: August 14, 2019
Closing Date: August 27, 2019
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to assist clients with the orientation to the facilities equipment and rules for using the facility for physical fitness or other health related activity.
- Able to demonstrate the use of equipment the use of equipment for the first time users of the facility, and also demonstrates proper technique for exercising to obtain the full benefit and safest workout from each exercise and piece of equipment.
- Monitors the use of equipment for routine maintenance, and when possible will assist in the day to day maintenance such as routine cleaning, oiling, making simple adjustments to equipment, and making sure the equipment is kept in a safe and orderly manner in its proper place in the facility.
- Makes sure that all the safety signs and instructions are legible and properly posted in the right areas so that patients or clients will not accidentally misuse the fitness equipment in a manner that may cause injuries.
- Willing to assume responsibility for the safety and comfort, and demonstrates a high regard for patient or client privacy.
- Reports all injuries or accidents to the facility manager when he or she is witness to events. Also, the incumbent shall file the reports with the facility manager for insurance, and medical purposes.
- Participates in and out-of-service training is offered as a means to improve the incumbent’s job performance.
- Shall be able to organize his or her work effectively so as to make as much time available to as many patients or clients that demand such services.
- Monitors the use of all supplies and assists in the re-ordering of supplies when necessary.
- Able to administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and participate in re-certification training on a regular basis.
- Knows the proper use of every piece of equipment, and participate in training new emerging techniques for the use of facility’s exercise equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by Administrative Assistant or Director.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma, and preferably some additional academic education.
- Must be willing to get CPR certified.
- Must be able to work during schedules other than 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., such as early mornings, and late evening shifts and other duties assigned, such as emergency housekeeping or maintenance work until the regular staff return or are available to perform the necessary work required.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driver’s License and updated insurance.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must pass a drug screen (upon selection)
- Must pass background check (upon selection)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications