TURTLE MOUNTAIN HOUSING AUTHORITY
POSITION: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
WORK SITE: TURTLE MT HOUSING AUTHORITY- BELCOURT, ND 58316
SALARY: NEGOTIABLE (1 YEAR CONTRACT)
OPEN: 9/5/19 — 9/19/19 OR UNTIL FILLED
Executive Director will provide oversight/monitoring of all Turtle Mountain Housing Authority Departments and activities including Tribal, State & Federal Regulations. Executive Director will be responsible for daily operations and administration of the housing in accordance to applicable statutes. Executive Director is responsible for staff, procurement, maintenance; administering other grant programs funds, managing finances, reporting to the Board, dealing with the public, & meeting all HUD compliance and reporting requirements and supervision and performance evaluation of staff with designated authority to hire/fire as necessary. Executive Director also has contracting authority. Executive Director will be required to attend all regular and special meetings of Turtle Mountain Housing Authority Board of Commissioners.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS: (Minimum Requirements must be met or Proposal will not be considered)
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in business management/administration
- Minimum of 3 years management level experience
- 3 years supervisory experience required (staff of 50 or more)
- 3 years experience in financial management required
- Experience with budget development required
- Experience with annual planning required
- Experience with policy development required
- Experience with contract management required
- Experience working with HUD and (other federal agencies) required
- Familiarity with NAHASDA requirements preferred
- Relevant knowledge of HUD’s Indian Housing programs required
- Experience in property management preferred
- Grant writing experience –List of awarded grants
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent management and organizational skills required
- Computer literacy required
- Valid driver’s license, current vehicle insurance and the ability to travel required
- Native American preference will apply.
- Successful candidate must pass Background Checks and Drug Testing prior to award.
- Housing Manager Certification is required within one year of being awarded contract.
How to apply:
Job requirement can be picked up from Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Human Resource Dept. 701-477-2600
PROPOSAL MUST INCLUDE:
- Proposal should include job requirements and qualifications
- 5 References—letters of references must be current within 2 years of application
- List of Credentials
- Verification of Indian and/or Veteran’s Preference
- Copy of current valid Driver’s License
- Copy of Certificates and Diplomas
- Copy of Vehicle Insurance
- Copy of Official Transcripts
Note: Application must be complete, please provide all required documents “Incomplete applications will not be considered.
“TURTLE MOUNTIAN HOUSING AUTHORITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
TMHA reserves the right to reject any or all proposals.
For further information contact: Turtle Mountain Housing Authority – (701) 477-5673