DUE TO THE RECENT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES CONCERNING THE COVID-19. THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT IS REQUESTING THAT ALL APPLICATIONS BE MAILED, FAXED, OR EMAILED.
TMBCI Human Resource Department
PO Box 900
Belcourt ND 58316
Job Classification: Intermittent, Nights/Weekends/Holidays
Location: Hearts of Hope/Victims of Crime
Supervisor: Rochanda Gourneau, Director
Opening Date: Always Open
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate services for clients of the program.
- Orientate clients and children to the program.
- Enforce program rules.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Answer telephones in a professional manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients
- Daily upkeep/maintenance of program.
- Secure program as needed.
- Coordinate supervised visits and exchanges.
- Maintain a file on caseloads and compile statistics regrading caseloads as requested by director.
- Provide advocacy to program clients.
- Other related job duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have minimum of 2 years’ working in Safe Havens/Hearts of Hope.
- Must have transportation and telephone services.
- Must be committed to serving people.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work with community agencies and organizations effectively.
- Must be able handle high levels of job-related stress.
- Must have a valid North Dakota driver’s license.
- Must pass a required background check (upon selection).
- Must pass drug test (upon selection).
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, Carie Azure, or Mary Charbonneau at 701-477-2600.
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.