DUE TO THE RECENT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES CONCERNING THE COVID-19. THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT IS REQUESTING THAT ALL APPLICATIONS BE MAILED, FAXED, OR EMAILED.
TMBCI Human Resource Department
PO Box 900
Belcourt ND 58316
Position: Transfer Station Laborer
Job Classification: Call-In
Location: Transfer Station
Supervisor: Solid Waste Director
Opening Date: Open Always
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct Traffic and waste haulers to designated disposable areas.
- Litter Control around transfer station working face and roadways.
- Assist Landfill Operators with daily activities.
- Clean bathrooms, offices and shop floors.
- Washing heavy equipment.
- Other related job duties as assign by Director.
- Must have two years’ experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must show proof of vehicle insurance.
- Must pass background check. (upon hire)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.