DUE TO THE RECENT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES CONCERNING THE COVID-19. THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT IS REQUESTING THAT ALL APPLICATIONS BE MAILED, FAXED, OR EMAILED.
TMBCI Human Resource Department
PO Box 900
Belcourt ND 58316
Job Classification: Full-Time
Location: Finance Department
Supervision: Chief Financial Officer
Opening Date: May 12, 2020
Closing Date: May 25, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assign/input fund numbers and budgets for Federal and State Grants into accounting systems.
- Perform financial reporting requirements to appropriate funding agencies.
- Draw down funds and/or request funds for Federal or State grants based on program expenditures.
- Maintain grant and contracts folders.
- Charge indirect costs to grants monthly.
- Enter journal vouchers.
- Review purchase orders for approval.
- Work with Bank Reconciliation Personnel to ensure all drawdowns are recorded accordingly.
- Other job duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related fields.
- 5 years’ work experience in Accounting.
- Strong computer knowledge.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Great organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to adapt to changing reporting requirements.
- Must have valid N.D Driver’s License and Insurance.
- Must pass background check.
- Must pass Drug Test upon hire.
How to apply:
(Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.