DUE TO THE RECENT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES CONCERNING THE COVID-19. THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT IS REQUESTING THAT ALL APPLICATIONS BE MAILED, FAXED, OR EMAILED.
TMBCI Human Resource Department
PO Box 900
Belcourt ND 58316
Employment Classification: Full Time Regular
Location: Child Welfare and Family Services
Supervisor: Director/Child Welfare and Family Services
Salary: $15.00 – $18.00
Opening Date: May 20, 2020
Closing Date: June 2, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Child Protection Investigator will complete an assessment on all reports of child abuse/neglect and take corrective and protective action in incidents where abuse or neglect is substantiated.
- Child Protection Investigator will assess each individual case and assess as accurately as possible the contributing factors leading to the problems and attempt to motivate the families to correct the negative factors to strengthen their family unit.
- Child Protection Investigator will handle situation of abuse/neglect in a professional and confidential manner.
- Child Protection Investigator will promote prevention and intervention of child abuse/neglect situations.
- Child Protection Investigator will prepare written reports of incident and provide narratives of all services provided to families.
- Child Protection Investigator will work closely with law enforcement and any other outside agency that is appropriate.
- Child Protection Investigator will testify in all court proceedings as required.(Tribal, Federal and State Courts)
- Child Protection Investigator will provide assistance to Native American Families on the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Reservation and assist families with working with any other agencies and public welfare programs in assisting families to take advantage of local, state and federal social service programs, enabling native families to receive the services available to all citizens.
- Child Protections Investigator will maintain a cooperative agreement with other Social Services Agencies in providing related services to families.
- Child Protection Investigator will maintain a child protection investigation system which documents the works of the CPS cases with individual case plans for the protections, care and supervision of children in their homes, foster homes or institutional placements.
- Child Protection Investigators will conduct drug testing on individuals as necessary.
- Child Protection Investigators will handle all agency information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Child Protection Investigator will be on a rotating on-call schedule after hours.
- Any Other job related duties assigned by the Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and Licensed through the State of North Dakota, 1st Priority
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work and in the process of obtaining their license through the State of North Dakota (Must be licensed within the first three months of employment), 2nd Priority
- Must complete and pass a Background Check (County, Tribal and Child Protection)
- Must have Driver’s License and Proof of Current Vehicle Insurance
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.