Job Classification: Seasonal Worker
Location: Natural Resource Department
Supervisor: Natural Resource
Opening Date: July 7, 2020
Closing Date: July 20, 2020
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Be a positive, productive, and dependable team member focusing on high quality workmanship
- Operate and maintain commercial-grade landscape equipment properly.
- Mow and edge lawns, using power mowers and string Trimmers.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Gather and remove litter/refuse
- Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures, fences, and water features.
- Familiarity with the techniques and equipment used in landscaping.
- You also must be able to handle the physicality of our work outdoors: weather conditions, heavy lifting (30-80 pounds), and extensive walking.
- Standard work includes mowing, string trimming, hand weeding, pruning, edging, backpack blowing, hauling debris, etc.
- Other duties include loading/unloading of equipment, changing equipment blades and oil, cleaning, greasing machines, etc.
- Other outdoor assignments as assigned by supervisor
- Hours will be Wednesday- Sunday 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM
- Must have High School Diploma/GED.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass background check. (upon hire)
How to apply:
(Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications