DUE TO THE RECENT PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES CONCERNING THE COVID-19. THE HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT IS REQUESTING THAT ALL APPLICATIONS BE MAILED, FAXED, OR EMAILED.
TMBCI Human Resource Department
PO Box 900
Belcourt ND 58316
Job Classification: Regular-Full Time
Location: Head Start
Supervisor: Transportation-Facilities Manager and Education/Disabilities Manager
Opening Date: July 23, 2020
Closing Date: August 5, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must pass a Department of Transportation physical examination prior to beginning employment and each fall before classes begin for the children. This examination must include screening for tuberculosis.
- Good driving record. No DUI conviction in past three (3) years.
- Knowledge of traffic and highway safety rules and regulations, and of the precautions necessary to avoid accidents.
- Ability to operate a bus in a safe and economical manner.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions and to perform work requiring good physical condition.
- Ability to complete various forms and records, including inspection, mileage, incident. etc.
- Assist classroom teacher in maintaining a positive learning environment and making changes in its arrangement to meet educational developmental objectives.
- Must be flexible and physically able to get on even level and on floor when working with children.
- Assist with planned activities using a variety of teaching/learning methods and materials to develop good coordination, social skills, creativity, self-expression and an interest in learning.
- Must be able to supervise classroom in absence of classroom teacher.
- Able to multitask.
- Have strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the community and the needs of the population being served.
- Able to pass a background check from Rolette County Sheriff’s Department, Tribal Court, and Child Welfare with a clear record.
- Must be up to date on all required immunizations.
- Have good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Able to work with behaviorally challenged and/or children with special needs.
- Able to work after school hours on occasion.
- Able to attend local and out of town workshops.
- Must be willing to accept reassignment to other areas.
- Other related job duties as assign by Director.
- A High School Diploma or GED and five (5) years of verifiable driving experience.
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Passenger Endorsement
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass background check. (upon hire)
How to apply:
(Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications