Job Classification: Regular-Full Time
Location: Tribal Office/Motor Vehicle Department
Supervisor: Program Director
Opening Date: September 16, 2020
Closing Date: September 28, 2020
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and as certain nature of business.
- Answers telephones and records messages.
- Perform typing, and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Use copy machine, calculators, cash register, fax machine, computers, scanning, ID system, and phone system.
- Assist customers with licensing of vehicle.
- Create tribal enrollment ID’s.
- Assist with community functions.
- Will perform any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must have High School diploma or GED.
- Office setting experience preferred.
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must be familiar with scanning.
- Must be familiar with and be able to handle financial transactions.
- Must be able to work with public daily.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must be able to remain confidential at all times.
- Must pass background check. (upon selection)
All applicants will be required to be tested on typing skills, and excel spread sheet.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.