Job Classification: Regular Full-Time
Location: Belcourt Head Start Building
Supervisor: Head Start Director
Opening Date: September 16, 2020
Closing Date: September 29, 2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Keep work areas clean and orderly.
- Provide proper and safe supervision of children.
- May have to assume the responsibility as teacher during emergent situations.
- Perform daily routine activities: Health and safety of children, assisting the children in dressing themselves, assisting with winter wear, may have to change diapers, assist with meals and snacks,
- Ride an assigned bus and ensure that children are properly buckled.
- Attend all staff and parent/teacher meetings, home visits and phone contacts when necessary.
- Prepare bulletin boards, displays, classroom decorations, as assigned.
- Assist the classroom teacher with reports and incident reports when needed.
- Keep information and records of children and families confidential at all times.
- Comply with Tribal Code and Head Start Policy that all staff are mandated Reporters of suspected incidents of child abuse and neglect.
- Must attend or maintain CPR/ First Aide Training.
- Dress appropriately, model appropriate language, and professional behavior.
- Participate in professional development and personal growth workshops.
- Be punctual and regular in attendance.
- Arrange in sufficient time, any tardiness or absence from work.
- Adhere to all Head Start Policies and Procedures Manuals.
- Positively promote the Head Start Program at all times.
- Willingness to learn and assist with teaching the Creative Curriculum.
- Assist with children of Special Needs as assigned.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by supervisor or Head Start Director.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood preferred, CDA Credential or High School Diploma will be accepted, and 1 year experience with working with 3 and 4 year old children.
- Must pass physical examination with fit for duty (prior to start work)
- Must have valid Driver’s License.
- Must pass background check. (upon hire)
How to apply:
(Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Also submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, background check, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Carie Azure at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.