Immediate Release – 12/2/2020
TMBCI Food Distribution Program (Commodity Warehouse) will be re-opened on December 2nd, 2020
The Commodity Warehouse was unfortunately impacted by the Covid-19 Virus.
Positive test results of more than one employee was reported to TM Human Resources immediately by Director Lyle Lunday on November 17th. Immediate protocol of suspending services and emergency scheduling of TMBCI Deep Clean Team on November 20th commenced. The predetermined timelines for the safety of not only the employees but also the public were then followed.
- Through correspondence with the USDA regional office, the Tribe was granted an extension for the month of November to carry over into the first week of December.
- Please DO NOT attempt to pick up for November and December at the same time.
- If you have any questions in regards to this matter, please call 477-3857 during working hours, and 550-5524 during off hours.
Temporary hours of operation will be from 8 am to 6 pm for the first week of December (2nd – 4th).
- December 2nd – 4th will be reserved for families that were unable to revise their November benefits.
- There will be additional staff to ensure they can operate at optimal capacity and help those that did not receive Novembers.
- Nobody is allowed in the building. they will have people outside to take your paperwork and assist with any questions you may have.
- There will security enforcing the mask mandate and helping haul boxes to vehicles.
- They are NOT allowing pick up of November and December benefits at the same time.
December benefits will not be dispersed until the second week starting the 7th.
Normal hours of operation will resume December 7th, 2020
TMBCI would like to thank the membership for your patience as we navigate through these unprecedented times as we are all tasked with setting solutions based on safety and necessity.