Job Classification: Call-In
Location: BIA Facility Management
Supervision: Program Director
Opening Date: Always Open
Closing Date: Always open
Overall responsibility for maintaining facility, office areas, hallways, and walkways in clean and orderly condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will operate equipment necessary to complete tasks, including: vacuums, floor scrubbers, polishers and other machinery as required.
- Will utilize mops, brooms, waxes, and chemicals in the process of cleaning and grooming.
- •Will empty waste containers on a daily basis.
- •Will dust, wax, and polish furniture, clean windows, blinds and shelves.
- •Will clean, sanitize, deodorize, and disinfect bathrooms.
- •Will move furniture, cabinets, desks, chairs, and other equipment upon request by supervisor.
- •Will lock and secure all doors and entryways at end of workday and open and unlock at beginning of workday.
- •Will perform any and all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Other job duties assigned.
- Must possess a High School Diploma.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must have a minimum of 6 months of work related experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
Please submit a copy of transcript and/or copy diploma of degree attained and training certificates, Indian Preference, etc. (if applied). Points in screening will be given only for documentation attached.
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.