LOCATION: Victims of Crime/Hearts of Hope
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular (grant funded)
SUPERVISION: Program Director or Assistant
OPENING DATE: June 9, 2021 CLOSING DATE: June 22, 2021
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and schedule appointments.
- Plan meetings and take notes/minutes.
- Prepare reports and/or documents as needed.
- Make referrals to community agencies and organizations.
- Maintain a file on caseloads and compile statistics regarding caseloads as requested by Director.
- Answer and direct calls in a professional manner
- Assist with community education in regards to victims of crime.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients.
- Provide general support to visitors and/or clientele.
- Assist with data and documentation as needed.
- Other related job duties as assigned by the Director/Supervisor.
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have valid North Dakota Driver’s License.
- Must have 60 credit hours from an accredited college.
- Knowledge of Computer Software and Office Equipment.
- Must be able to work with community agencies and organizations effectively.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must pass required background checks.
- Must be committed to serving people.
- Must have transportation and telephone services.
Travel and trainings are mandatory, workshops can be held in and out of town/state. Flying will be required for some trainings.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Mary Charbonneau, Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.