Job Classification: Part-Time
Location: USDA Commodity Warehouse
Supervisor: USDA Commodity Warehouse Director
Opening Date: Open Until Filled
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for issuance of surplus food to clients.
- Unload Trucks of surplus foods, dry and frozen, and also the fresh produce truck.
- Stack and stock serving area and rotate surplus products in the warehouse.
- Keeping designated work station stocked at all times.
- Check for damaged produce and report damaged items to Supervisor.
- Clean work area and assist with cleaning warehouse when necessary.
- Unload trucks with bobcat forklift and remove snow as needed. Be willing to use walk behind forklift when needed in building when moving supplies.
- Check warehouse for rodents, ants, and report any signs of pest contamination to supervisor or Director.
- Use computer to issue food supplies to clients and also to check status on clients etc
- Assist elderly and handicap with carry out as needed or upon request by supervisor or clients.
- Make home deliveries to the elderly, handicap and to the home confinement. Take inventory when needed and complete a report sheet.
- Minor repairs and grooming the warehouse
- Take call-in orders or make calls to clients for food orders.
- Rotate work area if needed and stock work area for issuance when co-worker is absent etc.
- Responsible to operate company vehicle when necessary.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor or Program Director
The USDA Commodity Program has four food groups and each employee is assigned to an area and is responsible for his or her station and food group. Employees will work closely with other employees to keep accurate inventory on a daily basis.
- Minimum GED or High School Degree.
- Required to have a valid driver license.
- Able to life 50 lbs. or above and pass a fit for duty physical. (upon selection)
- Must pass a favorable background check. (upon selection)
- Must pass a drug test. (Upon selection)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.