Department: Agriculture Department
Status: Regular Full-Time
Supervision: Program Coordinator
Location: Tribal Headquarters
Open Date: September 22, 2021
Closing Date: October 5, 2021
The office manager will support regular office operations, screening phone calls and regular ag internal meetings. They will act as a point of contact for our employees and vendors. Will work with Ag administrative staff to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Office Manager and Director will maintain all files and work schedules to promote a smooth work flow for all staff throughout the Ag department. Will work with the Director, to monitor and work with all Ag staff, Tribal staff, Board of Commissioner and Tribal Council as well as local producers and vendors in regard to Department of Ag activities. This position will involve working with multiple farmers and ranchers at the local level that support the TMBCI Ag program. Will work with the Director and Agri-business Director to implement the overall Tribal Ag program and initiatives, as well as communication plan for the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa’s Agriculture Department and programs related to Agriculture. The Office Manager will act as a point of contact for our employees and vendors. The major responsibilities shall include supporting regular office operations, screening phone calls, scheduling internal and external meetings, charting and filing all relevant Ag information and scheduling travel for staff. To be successful in this role the Office Manager should have excellent organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks, track information and meet deadlines. Ultimately, this position will provide administrative support to our staff and ensure all daily procedures run smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer phones, greet visitors.
- Schedule meetings, travel and training
- Provides budget filing information for Ag Department
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars.
- Schedule and coordinate staff schedules and workloads when requested
- Collate and distribute mail.
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence.
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents.
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Sociology (provides a broader foundation in statistics, calculus and data analysis.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Proof of Insurance.
- Proven work experience with charting or filing.
- Hands-on experience with M.S. Office, Word or Excel.
- Familiarities with office equipment, printers and fax machines.
- Basic math skills.
- Solid time-management abilities with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.