Classification: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $16.00 – $18.00
Location: Turtle Mountain Child Welfare & Family Services
Supervisor: Program Director
Opening Date: October 1, 2021
Closing Date: October 14, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Child Protection Clerk will log assessment on all reports of child abuse/neglect.
- Child Protection Clerk will assign each individual case to the Child Protection Investigators.
- Child Protection Clerk will handle information of abuse/neglect in a professional and confidential manner.
- Child Protection Clerk will promote prevention and intervention of child abuse/neglect situations.
- Child Protection Clerk will prepare written reports of all child protection reports and present them to the Child Protection Team.
- Child Protection Clerk will handle all request of Child Abuse and Neglect Background checks.
- Child Protection Clerk will provide assistance to Native American Families on the Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Reservation and assist families with working with any other agencies and public welfare programs in assisting families to take advantage of local, state and federal social service programs, enabling native families to receive the services available to all citizens.
- Child Protection Clerk will maintain a child protection investigation system which documents the works of the CPS cases with individual case plans for the protections, care and supervision of children in their homes, foster homes or institutional placements.
- Child Protection Clerk will handle all agency information in a professional and confidential manner
- Any Other job related duties assigned by the Director.
- HS Diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 1-6 months experience dealing with foster care/child protection system.
- Must possess a high level of personal integrity, professionalism and a firm belief in upholding the oath of confidentiality.
- Must have valid N.D Driver’s License and proof of insurance.
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.