Classification: Full-Time Regular (benefits may apply)
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00
Location: Turtle Mountain Child Welfare & Family Services
Supervisor: Program Director
Opening Date: October 1, 2021
Closing Date: October 14, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Turtle Mountain Child Welfare & Family Services Program Director, the;
- Foster Case Manager will assist in the development of positive plans to provide services for children.
- Foster Care Case Manager will provide assistance to Native Americans and work with other agency branches and public welfare agencies in helping take advantage of local, state and federal social service programs, to enable Native Americans to receive services on the same basis as are available to all citizens.
- Foster Care Case Manager will maintain cooperative relationships with local representatives of Social Welfare agencies and other agencies providing related services.
- Foster Care Case Manager will develop a case management system which documents the works of protective service cases with individual case plans for the protection, care and supervision of children in their own homes, foster homes, or institutional placements.
- Foster Care Case Manager will investigate and evaluate reports of child abuse/neglect and take protection or corrective action in incidents where abuse and neglect is substantiated. Case Manager will work closely with the tribal court in child protection cases.
- Foster Care Case Manager will develop permanency options for children including adoptions, guardianship or custody.
- Foster Care Case Manager will be scheduled for on call to investigate and evaluate reports of child abuse/neglect, and take protection or corrective action in incidents where abuse and neglect is substantiated.
- Foster Care Case Manager will provide crisis intervention; facilitate family and child meetings, referrals for victim information.
- A Foster Care Case Manager may be required to work hours beyond typical hours of operation and will be required to be an on-call emergency contact after the hours of basic operations for the Turtle Mountain Child Welfare and Family Services office on weeknights and weekends. (Multiple TMCWFS Employees make up the weekly on-call list, which runs from Friday to Friday for a single employee.
- Foster Care Case Manager will give monthly reports to the Grant Manager of Funded Program.
- Foster Care Case Manager will perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have an Associate’s Degree in Arts or Science, preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Criminal Justice.
- Must have a valid North Dakota Driver’s License and updated insurance.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must pass a drug screen (upon selection)
- Must pass background check (upon selection)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.