Location: Child Care/New jobs Program
Supervisor: Program Director
Opening Date: November 15, 2021
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
The Turtle Mountain Child Care Program is a program that provides assistance to low-income families and Essential Workers during this Covid Pandemic. The following is the responsibilities that this position is seeking in an individual.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to ensure efficient operation of office.
- Answers phone calls, schedules meetings, training and supports visitors.
- Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects.
- Makes travel arrangements for staff such as booking flights, hotel reservations, etc.
- Exhibits polite and professional communication via phone, email and mail, and in person.
- Assists clients in filling out applications, if needed.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level is filled.
- Will assist in monitoring of providers when necessary.
- Will perform other duties as assigned by supervisors
- High School diploma
- Preferred at least 2 years of Administrative Assistant experience
- Knowledge of appropriate software including: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s license and current automobile insurance.
Work hours are from 8-4:30 Monday-Friday. However, there are days when you will be asked to assist with training classes in the evenings in which your hours that day can be adjusted. Federal holidays and Tribal Holidays are paid leave.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.