Classification: Full-Time Regular
Location: Child Care Assistance Program
Supervisor: Program Director
Opening Date: November 15, 2021
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to Child Care Providers.
- Provide technical assistance to Child Care Applicants
- Prepare and create material, such as, pamphlets and brochures for childcare providers and parents.
- Prepare and create applications for provider/parent application process.
- Assist with provider training, CPR, First-Aid Certifications.
- Assist with pre-school curriculums for children to be school-ready.
- Assist with basic on-line provider training and training curriculums.
- May register tribal and/or state providers.
- Enforce minimum health and safety standards.
- Answering phones and other duties assigned.
- Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must pass a drug screen (upon selection)
- Must pass background check (upon selection)
- Minimum of Associate of Arts/Science Degree.
- Must be able to demonstrate competency presentations and public speaking.
- Able to work flexible schedule (including evening and weekends as needed).
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Must have/or obtain CPR Certification.
- Must provide a copy of a valid Driver’s License with current Vehicle Insurance. (Vehicle Insurance must be in applicant’s name.)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.