Location: Belcourt Center
Supervised: Center Supervisor
Opening Date: November 15, 2021
Closing Date: November 30, 2021
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work as a member of the management staff to assist in development of objectives for the program and in the delivery of comprehensive services to individual children and their families.
- Be knowledgeable of Head Start Performance Standards Policies and Procedures.
- Provide Supervision and evaluation of Head Start staff.
- Assist with the implementation of the Creative Curriculum.
- Work with Teachers and Teacher Assistants to develop and improve their skills and abilities in classroom competencies and observations in Teaching Strategies Gold; Teaching with Fidelity, CLASS, Cultural Inclusion, and supportive teaching strategies for children’s disabilities/mental health needs.
- Willing to become CLASS Reliable and maintain certification throughout employment.
- Attend Head Start staff meetings and training as scheduled.
- Positively promote the Head Start Program services to local families and community.
- Participate in staff and IEP meetings for all special needs children as necessary.
- Assist in monitoring the completion of written IE P’s for files in cooperation with Special Education staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education.
- Development or Early Childhood course work.
- Experience and knowledge of Head Start Program preferred.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- Commitment to professional standards of confidentiality.
- Must pass background check. (upon selection)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.