Job Classification: Full-Time Temporary
Location: Turtle Mountain Tribe
Supervisor: Tribal Council
Opening Date: May 11, 2022
Closing Date: May 24, 2022
Purpose of Classification:
Installs, repairs, and maintains plumbing systems. Working conditions include inadequate lighting, restricted movement, dirty environment, air contamination, extreme temperatures, intense noise, hazardous materials, or lifting or carrying heavy objects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs, repairs, and maintains chilled water, steam, heat, water, gas, drainage, sewage, and other plumbing systems.
- Operates reamers, threading discs, sewer tapes, pipe cutters, snakes, and other plumbing equipment and hand tools.
- Inspects joints, valves, pumps, boilers, heaters, sinks, commodes, tanks, valves, and other plumbing system components to locate malfunctions, and repairs or replaces when necessary.
- Studies plans, drawings, specifications, and work orders to determine work requirements and sequence of repairs and/or installations.
- Performs preventative maintenance work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as pumps, boilers, heaters, and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all types of plumbing systems.
- Must have a Journeymen’s License w/ 5 years’ of plumbing experience.
- Must attach a copy of a valid Driver’s License.
- Must be 18 years’ age.
- Must pass drug test. (upon selection)
- Must pass background check. (upon selection)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.