Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Location: Tribal Headquarters
Supervisor: Tribal Chairman
Opening Date: May 11, 2022
Closing Date: May 24, 2022
The Coordinator will be responsible for designing and implementing overall recruitment strategy, consulting with TMBCI Program Directors to write job description for VISTA members, posting VISTA assignment descriptions on AmeriCorps website and local advertisement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy for the Promise Zone VISTAs.
- Establish recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; meeting with TMBCI Program Directors to discuss program needs.
- Interview, evaluate and screen potential VISTA candidates.
- Consult with Program Directors and PZ Coordinator about potential candidates.
- Hire VISTA members as well as providing background check.
- Provide day-to-day management oversight for VISTA members
- Provide a schedule for VISTA members
- Actively engage the members and volunteers to ensure the Promise Zone and TMBCI’s Mission is being accomplished.
- Act as liaison between the Sub-Site Supervisors, VISTA members and the Promise Zone Coordinator
- Coordinate contacts with the media and public information campaigns.
- Provide regular progress reports on the progress of the PZ’s strategies to the Promise Zone Coordinator and other Community Stakeholders.
- Coordinate and assist with facilitation of meetings and coalition strategies.
- Quarterly and Yearly Reporting for the 2018 Fiscal Year for CNCS.
- Other duties as assigned by the Promise Zone Coordinator
- Management Practices
- Strategic Planning
- Knowledge of Pride of the Great Plain’s Promise Zone
- Knowledge of CNCS
- Public Relations, Media Campaigns and Informative Presentations
- Proposals, Business Plans and other Skilled Writing Techniques
- Demonstrate Leadership, Team Building, and Management Skills.
- Writing, Presenting and Working with the Public
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Hands on Experience with Various Selection Processes like Phone Interviews and Reference Checks
- Managing Multiple Projects
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Tribal Elected Officials, other Government Entities, Resource Programs and Agencies and the Public
- Minimum of High School or GED. Preference of an Associate’s Degree.
- Must have 1 year experience working with Great Plan’s Promise Zone field.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and Insurance.
These job specifications should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify essential functions and requirements of the job.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.