human resource application without letterhead
SALARY: $15.00 – $16.00
LOCATION: Tribal Building
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time Regular
SUPERVISION: Lead Security Officer
OPENING DATE: March 13, 2023
CLOSING DATE: March 24, 2023
The goal is to help the tribe in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our facilities safe and problem-free.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrolling premises regularly to maintain order and establish presence.
- Monitoring and authorizing clients, customers, staff and public in the tribal complex building.
- Removing wrongdoers or trespassers from the area.
- Surveillance or our premises and protection of our staff and visitors.
- Will be responsible for detecting any suspicious behavior and preventing vandalism, thefts or other criminal behavior.
- Secure all exits, doors and windows after end of day. Keep unlocked during day.
- Check surveillance cameras periodically to identify disruptions or unlawful acts.
- Investigate people for suspicious activity or possessions.
- Respond to alarms by investigating and assessing the situation.
- Provide assistance to people in need.
- Apprehend and detain perpetrators according to legal protocol before arrival of authorities.
- Do random check of building.
- Keep clean at night.
- Check in all employee or public on the weekends and after hours.
- Make sure public is checked in before bringing them to the Council Representative as requested.
- Escort three public members to Council Representatives at a time.
- Attend Special Events.
- Willing to learn Tribal Security Policies.
- Paper server as needed.
- Assist in Alcohol and Drug testing.
- Attend Tribal Council meetings and Open Public.
- Rotate check points.
- Other duties as assigned, related to the position.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and must be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more.
- Must be able to be on feet for long periods at a time.
- Must possess both written and oral communication skills.
- Valid and Current North Dakota Driver’s License.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.
You must log in to post a comment.