Job Status: Full-Time Regular
Salary: $19.00 – $20.00
Location: Tribal Maintenance
Supervisor: Program Director
Opening Date: November 15, 2023
Closing Date: December 1, 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will provide continuous maintenance to all Tribal Buildings, grounds and properties to ensure an environment suitable for Tribal employees and the general public.
- Will perform minor repairs on buildings such as installing windows, doors, carpet, and flooring, roofing, plumbing electrical and janitorial tasks as needed.
- Will perform minor repairs to equipment, machinery, boundaries and roads as needed.
- Will operate lawn care equipment, such as mowers, weed eaters, rakes, spreaders, sprayers, and snow removal equipment to complete ground keepings duties and will also be required to operate small power tools such as, table saws, electric drills, Nailers, and steamer, air compressors and front-end loader. May also have to operate vacuums, floor scrubbers, polishers and other janitorial equipment to complete assigned janitorial tasks.
- Will provide security to buildings to ensure that doors and other openings are properly secured to prohibit vandalism and destruction by weather elements.
- Must have knowledge in running a steamer.
- Other job duties assigned.
- Highschool diploma/GED.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods used for: Carpentry, Masonry, Plumbing, Electrical Wiring, Heating & Cooling Systems, Mechanics, Welding and Construction.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.