human resource application without letterhead
Job Classification: Regular-Full Time
Location: Transfer Station
Supervisor: Solid Waste Director
Opening Date: May 16, 2023
Closing Date: May 30, 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects residential and commercial garbage; deposits garbage and trash into the collection.
- Manually loads/unloads materials onto vehicles.
- Picks up trash and debris on the ground and in cart areas as necessary.
- Cleans and maintains collection vehicle and related equipment.
- Operates equipment that compresses collected refuse and other material.
- Direct Traffic and waste haulers to designated disposable areas.
- Litter Control around transfer station working face and roadways.
- Clean bathrooms, offices and shop floors.
- May be required to work some weekends and overtime hours.
- Other related job duties as assign by Director.
- Must have High School Diploma/GED.
- Must be able to lift/carry weights of up to 100 pounds.
- 3-6 months related experience.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.