Job Status: Full-Time Regular (9-month per year)
Salary: $18.00 with Associates Degree in early childhood negotiable with Bachelor’s Degree
Location: Head Start (St. John, Belcourt, Dunseith)
Supervisor: Education/Disabilities Manager
Opening Date: September 18, 2023
Closing Date: September 29, 2023
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use developmentally appropriate practices to facilitate activities.
- Utilize lesson plans at the direction of classroom staff, which reflect mandated elements, parental and cultural influences, and promote the social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development of Head Start Children.
- Follow consistent schedule which includes small and large group experiences, choice time, music and movement, large and small motor activities, skill development, three meals, and effective transitions between activities.
- Encourage experimentation, exploration, problem solving, cooperation, socialization, and choice making.
- Provide an atmosphere that promotes and reinforces parental involvement in the classroom.
- Be computer literate.
- Have knowledge on Creative Curriculum.
- Able to utilize student services software such as Teaching Strategies Gold.
- Able to get on even level and on floor when working with children.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings and/or trainings as scheduled.
- Possess sound literacy and numeric skills.
- Able to work with behaviorally challenged and/or children with special needs.
- Ability to relate with children and their families.
- Assist with meal service as needed.
- Must be able to ride bus.
- Obtain CPR/First Aid Certification.
- Be able to be relocated to another classroom and/or site.
- Have valid driver’s license.
- Other related job duties as assign by Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education Preferred, Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education accepted, Associates Degree in Early Childhood accepted.
- CLASS Reliable training or willingness to be trained CLASS reliability.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills and ability to respond to children’s school readiness
- Must pass a physical examination with fit for duty. (prior to start of work)
How to apply: (Submit completed application to):
Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa
P.O. Box 900
Belcourt, ND 58316
For more information please contact Elaine Nadeau, Lori Monette, or Jarvis Decoteau at 701-477-2600.
The Human Resource Staff will not be responsible for incomplete applications
Indian Preference Statement
Candidates for employment or career advances shall be hired, trained, and promoted without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or personal, political or religious beliefs. However, preference shall be given in hiring in the following order between equally qualified candidates who are:
- Enrolled Member Veteran (10 points to be given to enrolled member veterans in screening process as follow: (see definitions)
- Enrolled member
- Other Tribal Member veterans
- Other Tribal Members
Veterans and eligible spouses of deceased will receive special consideration for initial appointments for all positions being filled by the TMBCI. The intent of this policy is to promote and bring deserved services and benefits to our veterans for the personal sacrifices they have made. To be considered for a preferential treatment under this policy, candidate(s) must submit copies of verification documents to Personnel Office along with the employment application for eligibility determination purposes. An acceptable verification document is the discharge of transfer report form DD214.